Friday 27 July 2007

Communicate? I would if I Could!

Mobile phone producers should make sure that what they sell is 'fit for purpose'. A standby offer of 250 hours is quite good but how about a standby of 6!! Would you buy this phone? I think not. Samsung are providing false information! I thought that I was unlucky at first, having a battery that emptied amazingly quickly. Back to the shop a month after purchase and they could not have been more helpful. A new battery was duly ordered and fitted within a few days. At this moment I decided to check out Samsung on the web. It has a dreadful reputation with lots of people saying that although the phone was stylish and good to use the battery was useless. Oh dear. My new battery was sort of ok for a few days but then I got the 6 hours standby!!!! Back to the shop...... very helpful again ..... we will send it away to be checked out.... it could be the software! or maybe the connection!! Do you have a spare phone? No? well we can provide one ....for £20!!!!! Diabolical..... So I am now phoneless. Ho Hum!

3 comments:

oneperfectyear said...

Are you making sure to only recharge the phone once the battery is dead? If you recharge it more often, the phone will incorrectly "remember" how much charge there is, and you'll only end up using the "top bit" of the battery.

Sam said...

not quite appropos of the conversation, but did you know that in the future, you wont have to find that elusive spot in the house or garden that will give you a faint signal - by using something called femtocells you will be able to call with ease!! see the bbc website - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6916125.stm

Lorrie said...

The trouble is that I can only recharge it when its dead as its nearly always dead. I think I know about recharging!!