Sunday 15 July 2007

Well, lets see how this pans out!!!

This is my first entry into my blog though not my first blog!!!!! Not a clue what happened to that first blog but it sits there glowering at me ...but will not be moved or altered. Like some people I know!!! and so I leave it behind ---- if it doesnt want to be part of my journey so be it!



I heard a wonderful and moving song this morning by a talented song writer/ singer called Thea Gilmore... check her out if you like songs with lyrics to ponder. It actually stopped me doing what I was doing just to concentrate on her words.



Poplin was a heroine yesterday. Muffin walked in to the lounge and dropped a mouse at my feet last night. Unfortunately it wasnt dead!!! and made a dash for the safety of under the settee. Pebbles looked decidely uninterested even when I put her nose to nose with the wretched mouse which sat behind the settee considering its new souroundings. Muffin was dashing here and there but usually about 10 seconds behind where the mouse had been!! After moving the settee about to try and make it easier for the cats I decided that I wasnt helping much so left the cats to it and went to bed. Sure to find evidence of dead mouse in the morning I thought naively! No such thing. The cats were waiting for there breakfast as usual in the morning but showed no interest in the lounge. Maybe they caught it and took it out. Huh no such luck. The only one interested in the room was my heroine as mentioned before. She was very interested in the fireplace so I said (in a very go for it Voice) "what is it? Find it. and left her to....after removing all the breakables of course!! Well I came back after a while and all the cut logs were disturbed and there at her feet was a dead mouse!!! She looked up with squinty eyes as she always looks if she is not sure of her actions. Brightened up considerably when I said what a good dog she was and how stupid were the cats!!!! She got a biscuit and the mouse went into the bin!!!! My heroine!!!


Thats all for now. Hope this works!!!!

2 comments:

Sam said...

Very very funny! I can just imagine that Pebbles wasn't interested! I didn't think that the dog would go for something like that though!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Very amusing! I'm so proud!
I can completely believe that muffin was too slow - he was playing, why should he catch it when he can prolong the fun? But Pops gives no consideration to elongated playtime. I'm just impressed that she had it waiting for you when you got back, rather than.... >eugh< eat it or something.